Crazy Mother Cooker’s Truly Scrumptious Soup – Carrot, Sweet Potato and Courgette
Truly Scrumptious Soup – Carrot, Sweet Potato and Courgette.
Truly Scrumptious Soup – Carrot, Sweet Potato and Courgette. What better way to start the new year than a lovely brisk walk and a heart warming, tasty and healthy Soup. Our very own Crazy Mother Cooker shows us how its done. Take a look and try this amazing winter warmer.
- 3 Large Carrots
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Onion
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Veg Stock Cube (Made up)
Method – How to Cook
- Dice the onion (as shown below) and soften in a large pan with a 1/4 of the made up stock
- Dice all the other veg and and to the pan and add the remaining stock (TIP: Try to dice in equal sizes so the ingredients cook evenly)
- Bring the pan to the boil, once at the boil turn down the heat to a simmer until the veg is soft and cooked (Approx 20mins)
- Liquidise until smooth (I used a hand held blender)
The result is a simple, filling, nutritious and full of flavours and fibre. It’s satisfying, warming properties are great for a new year health kick or after a bracing walk.
About the Crazy Mother Cooker
Our Crazy Mother Cooker is indeed a little bit crazy, she is a mum and a qualified cook. She is a trained home economist and passionate foodie. Her recipes are simple, easy to cook and tasty. She is constantly inspired by food that is tasty, full of textures and lots of colour, we love her cooking and enthusiasm, what better way of showing this than sharing her recipes, so that we can all have a go and experience her passion for food our selves.
Jamie Oliver had a go at a Carrot and Courgette Soup, why not try his and compare the two 🙂
For the latest UK Hospitality Vacancies: Chef Jobs