Super Bowl 2018 Food Party – What will people be eating?
Its that time of year for all you NFL Super Bowl 2018 fans. We ask the question, what is the best food for watching a Super Bowl LII?
Super Bowl LII is nearly here, with the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots facing off this Sunday for the NFL championship. While the game takes centre stage, food is really a key component of Sunday. What is your favourite food for during the game?
We are fans of a good beef chilli, but given the human body can react badly to copious amounts of beer and eating too many beans, it might be tricky with a few people in an enclosed space.
Even with this being so, we thought we would give you our best version of:
Super Bowl Chilli
- 500g lean minced beef (10% or less fat)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and ﬁnely chopped
- 1–2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp plain ﬂour
- 150ml red wine or extra stock
- 300ml beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ﬂaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Cook
- Place a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and add the beef and onions. Cook together for 5 minutes, stirring the beef and squishing it against the sides of the pan to break up the lumps. Add the garlic, 1–2 teaspoons of chilli powder, depending on how hot you like your chilli, and the cumin and coriander. Fry together for 1–2 minutes more. Sprinkle over the ﬂour and stir well.
- Slowly add the wine and then the stock, stirring constantly. Tip the tomatoes and kidney beans into the pan and stir in the tomato purée, caster sugar, oregano and bay leaf. Season with a pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer on the hob, then cover loosely with a lid. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mince is tender and the sauce is thick. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.
- For more great low calorie recipes click Diet Club in the top right corner!
Or could a roast Eagle covered with Philadelphia cream cheese be the meal on the menu 🙂
What’s your go-to Super Bowl food or recipe? Let us know….
Follow this link for all Restaurant Jobs in London