Communication in the Workplace
Good communication in the workplace is one of the most traits of a successful business and the best performing businesses will spend a lot of money training their employees on how to communicate effectively at work, which signifies the importance place upon communication by those companies.
Poor communication in the workplace can produce many problems and these problems can have a huge effect on staff performance and their relationships within the business.
But just how important is it and how much does it contribute to the company’s success and for an individual’s career progression?
Diversity in the Workplace
Diversity in the workplace is one of the most critical parts of any business (in modern times), regardless of whether it is in the Hospitality industry or Finance it doesn’t really matter.
- Highlighting the importance of diversity can really help to reduce language barriers and understand cultural differences between colleagues early on in their careers.
- Implementing this belief team building exercises and meetings will increase productivity and help operations run smoother within the business.
With many multinational businesses opening offices in many countries around the world, the need for effective communication is becoming even more important.
- Employers and colleagues should to be able to speak with their international colleagues.
- Improving communication in the workplace is a great foundation for businesses that want to expand internationally.
Trust in the workplace
- Good communication enables colleagues to build more trust in their working relationship with one another.
- Understanding your colleagues roles in the business can assist projects development without causing as much unnecessary tension.
- Good communication also helps managers to point out mistakes their colleagues are making in a constructive way and this kind of openness will not only benefit individuals but also the company as a whole.
What does Good Communication actually mean?
As previously discussed in our previous blog LOSE CONTROL, Good comms in the workplace enables employers to:
- Interact with their employees much more efficiently when running meetings, giving instructions and managing expectations.
Giving clarity by outlining exactly what you need your employees to do and ensuring that everyone is aware of their key objectives, the department, project and business will run more smoothly.
Good communication is not about being right all the time or trying to overpower people.
The key to good communication is to:
- Talk openly, honestly and professionally to one another so that everyone’s needs are met.
- Finding resolutions that everyone is happy with.
- Building on peoples strengths and improving areas that need working on.
Gain Respect from Good Communication
Employees respect good communication:
- It helps them to feel secure in their job roles
- Management feel much more approachable.
- They are able to to perform their duties in a positive and efficient manner.
Absolutely everything at work requires some form of communication. You could be in a kitchen, running service, manager of a huge hotel chain, in a manual job, an office job or a job where you’re travelling frequently.
The most important thing to remember is that good communication is about:
- Finding a solution
- Satisfying customers and
- Improving the quality and productivity of your staff.
For more useful workplace advice and information: Restaurant News and Latest Vacancies