Access to work initiative #AccessToWork
There is a UK government initiative called “Access To Work”.
This is an initiative that helps you at work if you have a physical or mental health condition that makes it hard for you to do your job.
They help by giving you advice and support. It can also help you with extra costs which would not be reasonable for your employer to pay.
For example; Access to work might pay towards the cost of getting to work if you cannot use public transport because of your health condition or disability.
The access to a grant is to assist you with practical support for you if you have a disability, physical or mental health condition. The purpose is to help you, stay in work, start a business or start work in general.
The money can pay for things like:
- Adaptations to the equipment you use
- Special equipment
- Fares to work if you can’t use public transport
- A support worker or job coach to help you in your workplace
- A support service if you have a mental health condition and you’re absent from work or finding it difficult to work
- Disability awareness training for your colleagues
- A communicator at a job interview
- The cost of moving your equipment if you change location or jobs.
The money doesn’t have to be paid back and will not affect any other benefits that you may receive and you can transfer your grant to another employer if you change jobs.
To be eligible for the grants you must be 16 or over and about to start a job, in a paid job or self-employed. Unfortunately you are not eligible if you do voluntary work.
To see if you are eligible and for more information you can go to the Gov.uk site: https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work
Look at our latest UK Hospitality Jobs: Chef Jobs